Feel the Warmth of Radiant Heat Outdoors With Our Valor Fireplaces
February 6th, 2017
Introducing the Outdoor Fireplace Conversion Kit
Valor’s radiant heat advantage has made its way outdoors (click here to visit Valor’s outdoor fireplace site). Now you can convert a zero-clearance Valor gas fireplace to a beautiful outdoor unit with our new Outdoor Conversion kit (GV60CKO) and take advantage of Valor’s radiant heat outdoors.
Open fronted fireplaces simply cannot match the radiant performance of a well engineered direct vent fireplace with a glass window. Excess air through an open-fronted unit “washes out” heating performance, causing radiant output to plunge. Using a Valor Radiant fireplace outdoors provides the kind of heat you and your family need to take away the chill and provide glowing warmth.
Visit one of our two locations in Burnaby or Port Coquitlam today to get started with an amazing outdoor fireplace just in time for summer!
Outdoor Compatible Products
The GV60CKO is only compatible with the following zero-clearance Valor gas fireplaces:
Please note that the GV60CKO is not compatible with models: 700, 738/739, 780/785, 1200, MF28 or RF24.
Things to Consider
Please note that converting to an outdoor fireplace does have a few limitations. We ask that you please read below to learn more about what you can and can’t do when being installed:
- Install within a weatherproof enclosure with the minimum required overhang.
- Control your outdoor fireplace with the 1265WSK or RBWSK wall switch kits.
- Do not use thermostatic remote controlled handsets when installed outdoors.
- Choose from a variety of optional trims or surrounds ***Cast iron fronts are not recommended for outdoors.
- Optional HeatShift components can be installed with your outdoor fireplace.
- Outdoor fireplace must be permanently situated and connected to fixed piping system.
- No electrical accessories (fans or lighting) permitted when adapting for outdoor use.