$300 Rebate on EnerChoice Fireplaces with FortisBC
Turn your hearth into a hub of high-efficiency comfort. Purchase a FortisBC eligible EnerChoice natural gas fireplace with Solace Home Comfort after May 1, 2016, and you may be eligible for a $300 rebate from FortisBC.
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer.
- In addition to being EnerChoice rated, FortisBC eligible fireplaces must be direct-vented, temperature modulating and not have a standing pilot. Please check the list of eligible models and ask your fireplace dealer for more information.
- Your application must be postmarked within 60 days of the purchase date.
*Terms & Conditions
How to apply
- Review the terms & conditions.
- Purchase a FortisBC eligible EnerChoice fireplace and have it installed in your existing home by a gas contractor registered with the BC Safety Authority (BCSA). You can find a list of retailers at enerchoice.org.
- Complete the application form and include a copy of the purchase invoice including make and model of the fireplace and the contractor invoice that contains the date of installation, details of the work performed and the registration number of the gas fitter and installation permit number.
- Send the signed application and supporting documents to:
EnerChoice Fireplace Program
P.O. Box 9090
Surrey, BC, V3T 5W4
If you qualify, FortisBC mail you a cheque for $300. Please allow up to 90 days for processing.
Burnaby Phone: 604.291.0342 | Port Coquitlam Phone: 604.475.2645 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is an EnerChoice fireplace?
All fireplaces sold in Canada have an EnerGuide®* label that tells you how energy efficient it is. There is no ENERGY STAR® rating for fireplaces, so in BC, manufacturers developed the EnerChoice designation to identify the most efficient models.
To qualify for EnerChoice status, hearths must have minimum fireplace efficiency (FE) ratings of:
- 62.4% or higher for fireplaces
- 61% or higher for inserts
- 66% or higher for freestanding stoves
*EnerGuide is an official mark of Natural Resources Canada.
How FortisBC eligible EnerChoice fireplaces save more energy
By using an energy-efficient fireplace to heat just the area you’re in, you can turn down the heating in the rest of the house, and reduce energy costs.
Most energy-efficient modulating fireplaces have automatic thermostat control, which turns down the heat produced once the desired temperature is reached. This saves energy while keeping the room from getting too hot and uncomfortable.
To maximize energy savings, turn off the fireplace when you leave the room, as even efficient modulating fireplaces continue using energy while you’re away.